Sunday 13 March 2016

again

Certain mental traps I seem to fall into again and again.
Last week started with a bit of an issue (reminder to self: nothing good comes from checking your work emails on a Sunday night...). Coming into work, I was already feeling stressed about this but also immediately went on to try to resolve the problem. In addition to feeling stressed, I also felt hard done by and - once again - feeling that I was sorting problems that really were a) caused by others and b) would have been for others to sort.

Anyhow, by lunch time, it was all dealt with.
But instead of feeling pleased or proud or relieved, I felt that somehow I hadn't really done anything impressive to find the solution. My belief that only things that are hard work are worth anything is clearly deep seated.

I am aware that I am making my life more complicated than necessary. And I am positive that awareness as usual is at least the first step to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment