Sunday 11 October 2015

Popping over to Italy for lunch

As you do. Well, if you live in Southern Germany anyway. The bus trip to Lake Garda unfortunately got cancelled - I wonder whether it had to do with nobody other than us wanting to be on a bus at 5:15am on a Saturday morning - but we went to Bozen instead. The geographical dummy that I am, I assumed it was in Austria...(yes, you may laugh about my ignorance). Ah well, nobody told me that it's called Bolzano in Italian!

Being on a bus at 6:15am on a Saturday morning was only marginally better than 5:15, especially as I lay awake for hours the night before and then woke up at 4:45. But it was so worth it! The day was absolutely beautiful and the weather amazing: sunbathing in mid October when it's been winter coat weather in Rosenheim already, was just brilliant.

Beautiful views, good food, and a visit to the Iceman - Oetzi. And lovely company, of course :-)

I would highly recommend taking the cablecar up to Oberbozen
Blackforest Gateau to start the day :-)
And you've got to have pizza in Italy!
I am so in love with the mountain views here!

No comments:

Post a Comment