Saturday 12 September 2015

Scherben bringen Glueck

So the saying goes (shards are meant to bring luck). Well, not so much for me this week.

One of my four IKEA glasses somehow slipped out of my hand the other day and it resulted in literally thousands of mini pieces. Which were a pain to clear up. But it did look quite pretty. My ability to look at the bright side of things is quite amazing these days! ;-)

And then the next day I had my first car accident. No worries: I was not hurt. I was driving out of the underground car park after work. I did stop but because of the parking cars, I couldn't see the guy on his scooter. Who then crashed into my car. He also didn't seem to be seriously hurt but got taken to hospital anyway. Police was called and I was standing around not having a clue what to do.

On the one hand, I am so grateful that nothing worse happened. But on the other hand, I don't know how I could have avoided it as I DID stop and look. And the thought of something worse happening is a scary one for sure.

The next day, I just wanted to stay in bed and was close to calling in sick... but then decided that this would not help with anything, so I did go to work and also made myself drive as I don't want to be too scared to do stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment