Sunday 22 November 2015

Keep the lies coming

I spent a couple of hours with V today, the 9 year old girl from a Sri Lankan family. This was set up through the volunteering agency and the Caritas. She is adorable. I am still trying to figure out why they feel she would benefit from me spending time with me (apart from the fact, that I am of course loads of fun! ;-)).

The mum had cooked lunch for us, unfortunately a bit too spicy for my taste, but what a lovely gesture!

V asked me about what church I belong to. And I couldn't bring myself to say neither... She is Catholic, so I decided to tell a little white lie. I did wonder how much of my own beliefs I should or should not be sharing with her. Certainly not volunteering it, but surely I should answer questions honestly, right?

Anyway, after a bit of math homework, reading and drawing, two hours were up super quick. And I left with an invite to her birthday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment