Saturday 7 November 2015

The teacher in me

Well, there's is no teacher in me. I have zero patience. I am not objective. I am terrible at explaining stuff.

Nevertheless, I spent many hours giving private tuition as a teenager. Cause that was an easy way to earn some pocket money back in the day. I honestly have no idea whether my 'students' learned anything at all. I also do not recall thinking very much when I took that decision. It just seemed the thing to do back in the days.

Anyhow, fast forward 20 years (writing this makes me feel very old...), and I found myself giving English tuition to a couple of teenagers at the local children's home. And had a great time. The pair of them are really lovely and we were laughing a lot. And as always it puts so many things into perspective.
Well worth getting up early(ish) on a Saturday.

It remains to be seen though whether I can be much help in terms of improving their English...

No comments:

Post a Comment