Sunday 27 July 2014

Bad choices

The only highlight of long-haul flights are the movies. It's a great opportunity to catch up with films I never got round to seeing at the cinema. On both flights to and from Cape Town, I managed to pick some crappy films though...

Well, starting with the good choices:
Frank - the quirky film with Michael Fassbender and Maggie Gyllenhaal. It really as good as the critics say!
The Muppets Most Wanted - had been on my list because of Rickie Gervais. And it didn't disappoint. Tina Fey was brilliant and so was Constantine - the evil Kermit. With loads of celebrity cameos. And who can blame them? Who wouldn't want to be in a movie with the Muppets?!

And then it went downhill...
The angriest man in Brooklyn - easy to see why this would appeal to me based on its title. But the story was hugely disappointing. Don't waste your time!
The face of love - with Annette Bening and Ed Harris. Equally bad. Robin Williams in a supporting role. Might be worth avoiding all Robin Williams' films...
A long way down - I had read Nick Hornby's book and seem to recall that it didn't blow me away. I couldn't remember the details of the story and as Pierce Brosnan is still nice to look at and I like Toni Collette, I gave it a go. Again, very predictable story and Jess (one of the main characters played by Imogen Poots) annoyed the hell out of me...

The Lego movie - now this wasn't as good as I had hoped and heard but not as bad as the above either. I think I took most pleasure from imagining Will Ferrell doing the voice over for the evil guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment