Sunday 27 July 2014

the obligatory food photos


From left to right:
1. row:
- Ostrich - tasted like beef- steak to me. I thought I might as well give it a try.
- Incredibly chocolate-y dessert with a great dessert wine!
- Asparagus risotto in a Belgian restaurant at the V&A Waterfront. I've started to order fish and vegetarian dishes in restaurants to mix it up a bit. Still considering going vegetarian for a while. Not sure that will ever happen, but hopefully reducing the amount of meat I eat.
2. row:
- Delicious pork at the Two Oceans Restaurant at Cape Point. I have to admit that I never expect much in terms of quality at these touristy restaurants - but this was really great food!
- Celebrating our journal's birthday with a very creamy cake
- Tapas lunch at Camps Bay in the sun
3. row:
- Currywurst at Cafe Extrablatt - couldn't believe they had a branch of this German chain restaurant down the road from our (second) hotel. Just checked their website and they only have 4 branches abroad: in Turkey, the Netherlands, Marrocco - and South Africa. What are the chances?
- Apfelstrudel at the same place
- and the reason I put on weight: Amarula. A Baileys like cream liquor made of the fruit of the Marula tree. It tastes like a caramel-y Baileys.

No comments:

Post a Comment