Saturday 17 June 2017

Summer time: show off your shoulders!

This dress took me quite some time to complete. It's the Simplicity pattern 2281, version C, without the midriff applique.

First mistake happened at the sleeves which I managed to sew on twisted.
Then the project came to a standstill when the zip had to be inserted. I prefer to do them by hand. Which turned out really crap. Not quite obvious from the photo below but it really was all wanky. So, I undid it all and redid it with the machine. Which was an improvement, but because of the pocket, it still looked shit. I thus, redid it again, this time removing the pocket. So now I only have one pocket on the other side. Which quite frankly is fine with me.
Lastly, the hem looked shit due to a mistake with the lining. So, I had to redo that again.

But finally, I have a dress! And I really like the shoulder details. And everything about it really. I think I might do another version of it in another fabric, this time without the pocket to start with which I hope will save me a lot of hassle!

No comments:

Post a Comment