Thursday 6 December 2012

Sightseeing deluxe

A friend from Germany came to spend last weekend with me in London. Not only was it great to see her, it's also always a good occasion to do some sight-seeing. Living in London - or really in any other city - I tend to postpone these kind of things.

Here's what we did:
  • breakfast at the Victoria & Albert museum
  • little tour of the museum - it's amazing! And so big!
  • visit to the Science Museum
  • Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park - my first time in 5 years and I was rather disappointed. There were just too many people. I don't know how you can enjoy being pushed around. Certainly no proper alternative to a traditional German Christmas Market
  • Afternoon tea at Liberty (and a run in with a stupid and very rude woman in the lifts; why do they only stop on certain floors???)
  •  a trip on the Emirates Air Line (aka the cable car)
  • Sunday Roast in a traditional English Pub in Greenwich (I love Greenwich!)
  • visit to the National Maritime Museum
View of Canary Wharf from Greenwich

Royal Victoria Dock

Cutty Sark

Cafe at the Victoria & Albert Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment