Friday 8 February 2013

Glaswegian hospitality

On Monday, I went up to Glasgow for a number of site visits.
I had been looking forward to this all week - and had somehow managed to forget about the fact that I had to get on a plane first... Until I woke up in the middle of the night, suddenly doubting my own sanity: WHY did I agree to FLY to Glasgow and even worse to Hong Kong in a few weeks??? It certainly didn't help when the pilot announced on take off that turbulence were quite likely due to the heavy wind up north... And he was right. It was one of the more bumpy flights and probably the bumpiest landing I've ever experienced. But hey, I survived and even managed to get on the plane back to London. And the flight was pretty crap again....

The weather remained strange all day long: from one minute to the next sunshine gave way to heavy rain, then some snow and then hail and in between a bit of dry and sunny weather. But other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day! I had been to Glasgow just once before, several years ago. I was looked after very well all day long and got to see these great venues:
While Edinburgh is probably still the more popular option in Scotland, I would definitely recommend a visit of Glasgow. And once you are there, make the most of the beautiful surroundings - the coast and the lakes and the mountains.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos. So, you will have to go and see for yourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment