Saturday 16 February 2013

On paper and off paper

The interviews yesterday went all right. I think. I certainly felt a lot more at ease and comfortable, than about 18 months ago, when I was involved in interviewing candidates for the first time. Back then, I was probably as nervous as the interviewees!!! Slightly worried, that they'd 'find me out' - and ask what on earth qualified ME to interview THEM... So, I am pleased to say I moved on from that ;-)

The most interesting lesson I learned today was the realization of how different somebody can come across on paper compared to in the interview. And that goes either way  - people's CV either inflating their experience and skills or people's personalities not really shining through on paper.

We've made our decision and will now have to wait until Monday to see whether the candidate was equally impressed by us as we were by them. Otherwise, we'll quite possibly have to go back to the drawing board. Which I'd really rather avoid. But hey, it's out of my hands now.

No comments:

Post a Comment