Tuesday 12 February 2013

Happy New Year!

It's the year of the snake and to celebrate Chinese New Year, the Hong Kong Tourism Office invited me to a reception at Paramount, a bar/restaurant at the top of Centre Point right next to Tottenham Court Road station. While you get quite good views over the city - the view isn't all that exciting (at least not from the part of the bar, where we were). I couldn't spot any landmarks and Oxford Street from high above is just another big street with loads of people.

To be honest, the whole day (at the office) was a bit sh*t and I had really been looking forward to a nice evening. So, my expectations had probably been a bit high. In the end it was primarily noisy, crowded and not enough food :-( On the upside, the virgin strawberry mojito was delicious!

And there was a nice end to the day after all - as at home my threadless t-shirt delivery was waiting for me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment