Saturday 16 April 2016

Next career move: formula 1 driver

Since moving back to Germany, I had planned on taking some refresher driving lessons. I got my car at the end of August and shortly after had my accident. And of course felt like a fool for NOT having had driving lessons immediately. Despite this, it took me only another seven months to schedule one. And yes, it's difficult to believe I am an organized person...

Anyhow, so, I had my lesson with Metin on Tuesday. And what can I say: I am a natural talent!

Hahaha, well, not quiet but he did say that he can't see any issue with my driving and that I just need practice and confidence and that I clearly overthink things. I was telling him how I avoid certain roads in town and he said that he avoids the same roads and that is not a sign of bad driving but clever thinking as it's a fact that certain roads are impossible to oversee. His only criticism was that I drive a bit too fast in town. Me???? That can only be down to the fact that his car has a much more powerful engine than mine...

On the upside: no need to spend more money on driving lessons.
On the downside: this hasn't really helped. I still feel reluctant to drive.

My ex-boss used to say that he admired that I identified areas for improvement and then set out to improve them (successfully). Let's see how many more months it will take to make sure I get some practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment