Tuesday 23 May 2017

2x

Can't remember whether I have written about this already (and too lazy to check...). I have been meditating on and off for a number of years now. When living in London I attended a weekly meditation class with one of the most delightful people I have met so far who happened to be a Buddhist nun.

Meditation doesn't always work for me. Some days the thoughts keep coming and I don't manage to focus on just breathing at all. I love the image of thoughts as clouds that we allow to pass by without holding on to them. Letting go in general is such a special skill in my opinion and something I am consciously working on.

I couldn't work out why I was finding it so tough to incorporate meditation into my daily life. Knowing that it makes me feel better every time I do do it. Thanks to an NLP intervention, I came up with the solution of fixing a time to do it. I was excited to have come up with such an easy solution which felt so right for me.

When I got home though, other thoughts had crept in. Fixing a time when my current schedule differs each day really, didn't seem practical anymore. Until I had another light bulb moment:
My 'fixed' meditation times are now after waking up and before getting up in the moment. And the last thing I do after going to bed at night. Those are fixed times but still offer flexibility. And by picking two times, if I miss one, I will still get to meditate at least once - which was my original objective.

It's about 10 days now, and it's working well 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment