Tuesday 4 April 2017

bloody hell...

Blood donation day.
You are allowed to give blood every 56 days and that's exactly how often the German Red Cross comes to Rosenheim for that purpose. 

I'm not sure what it is but both this time and last time, the doctors who did my 'medical' were not particularly nice. Why do people choose jobs where they have to deal with people, if they dislike them so much?

So, yesterday, doctor asks me whether I have eaten and drunk enough. Yes.
My blood pressure was quite low at 110/70. Which made him question me again, whether I had eaten enough. Well, the answer was still yes. What quantifies 'enough'?

Anyway, so, I give blood and the lady next to me, who was hooked up after me, was done before me. And as my arm had also started hurting a bit, I started pressing on that stress ball again. Only to realize that I was also done and they had simply ignored my beeping machine. This extra pumping when my blood wasn't going anywhere was probably not a good idea.

As soon as she removed the needle, I started feeling a bit sick and asked for a drink. Instead, I was immediately put in a position with my head down and my feet up. Which made me feel even worse. It then took a couple of minutes for a doctor to appear (I just needed a f&cking drink!!!). Who of course was the same doctor who had done my medical and who seemed to take a weird delight in seeing me sick: I told you so! You didn't eat enough! And your weight is too low anyway!
WTF???? Firstly, I had eaten and drunk a normal amount. Secondly, my BMI is absolutely normal and my weight and height were part of the info I had to complete. And lastly and most importantly: if you motherf%cker thought I wasn't fit go give blood, why did you sign it off???? 😠

I was eventually given one piece of dextrose and a drink. And felt better immediately. 
Honestly...

No comments:

Post a Comment