Wednesday 5 April 2017

out and about

At relatively short notice I was informed that I got a hotel night for the Friday night also. I immediately set out to explore cultural options for that evening. And decided to treat myself to the opera "The Consul". At this stage only seats at the side were available at the bargain price of €14 - and with restricted views.

Restricted views turned out to mean no view at all. I could literally not see anything of the stage but at least the board with the German translation of the singing. Once and again, I got up from my chair to check out what was happening and came to the conclusion that an opera really is much more entertaining when you can see what is happening.

But I was in luck (was that the fortune induced by my broken plate already?!) and the family in front of me decided to leave about half way through. And I was then able to enjoy the rest of the opera with a perfect view.

I had a lovely evening. All by myself, too. 💗

the Cuvilliés theatre
Frauenkirche by night

No comments:

Post a Comment