Saturday 8 April 2017

step by step

I am playing with the idea of creating a 'coaching area' in my sewing room. Since I removed the moulding sofa, there is just empty space now. But before I start buying furniture, I figured it'd be a good idea to tidy the sewing area of the room first.

Firstly: I won't need to buy any new fabric for a little while! As tempting as it is... At least not before I haven't turned some of my current stash into garments.


Let me talk you through it:

  1. More or less neatly stacked away in my boxes.
  2. All emptied onto the floor
  3. Entirely unused fabric: 12 different fabrics (one is hiding underneath the pink one)
  4. A pile of bits and pieces that will be binned. 

I have to say that I found it pretty hard to bin anything. Always thinking: Surely, I can still use this for something! But let's face it, I won't need hundreds of hairbands and sachets of lavender...
Secondly, there are couple of fabrics that I am not sure what to do with and why I bought them (well, I am guessing they were bargains...). Then there are others where I find it difficult to decide which of the several fitting patterns to use them for. Oh, the opportunity costs!!!

All in all, I am pleased with the outcome. My sewing desk looks much tidier (I also cleared the desk-top) and I have about five sewing projects lined up. Now I just need to decide which one to start with! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment