Thursday 25 October 2012

Just ignore the jet lag

That was the advice I got before going out to New Orleans. And it kind of worked.
9.5 hours to Dallas - as we were flying during the day, I spent most time watching films and only nodded off for half an hour or so. We then had three hours in Dallas, before another one hour flight to New Orleans.

We arrived at the hotel around 21:00 local time - 2am UK time. Even though I was pretty tired by then, I forced myself to stay up until about 23:00 - and slept through until 7am. Well, I did wake up a couple of times, but went back to sleep really easily. And that was that. For the whole week in New Orleans, I was fine. While my boss was struggling quite a bit and kept getting up at 3 or 4am. I have no idea how he managed on sometimes just 2 hours of sleep! A pity as well, as he has young kids, and this would have been THE chance for him to catch up on sleep!

On the way back, we flew through the night and arrived at Heathrow at 6:40am. I had planned to sleep but thanks to the nice couple next to me, I didn't get any. They talked throughout the night and even with headphones on, I could hear their mumbling... So, it was more films instead.

Thanks to heavy rush hour traffic, I didn't get home until about 9am - by which time, I just fell into a deep sleep until 13:00. For some reason, I am tired throughout the whole day, but just can't get to sleep any time before 1 or 2 am. Which is not very convenient. To say the least.

Ah well, no long-haul flights planned in the near future and I hope that the extra hour on Sunday will somehow help, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment