Tuesday 9 October 2012

Soft locks

I actually wrote the below blog entry after my visit to the hairdressers back in July. For some reason, I didn't publish it at the time. Today, I went for another visit with Joel at The Chapel - and I am very pleased to say that I was very happy with the results in July and am equally happy with the results today.

So, if you are looking for a hairdresser in central London/Islington/near Angel - I can highly recommend Joel in particular and The Chapel in general!
____________________________________________________________________

The time had come again for another haircut. And as mentioned before, I feel rather uncomfortable and very indecisive when I sit in the chair. Today I went to The Chapel in Islington, conveniently located 5 minutes from my office. They charge by the hour. I've only been twice, but so far the price has come to the same as at similar other hairdressers who have fixed prices. To be honest, I don't quite see the point of charging by the hour - but there you go.

The hair-wash was - as usual - heavenly. A nice scalp massage included. But as soon as I was sitting in front of the mirror, I was clenching my fists...
Also as per usual, I am really happy with the result. This usually changes as soon as I've washed my hair the next morning and have to style it myself. And the hair looks nothing like after the hairdresser styled it. Not least, as he used a hair straightener, and I NEVER straighten my hair (way too lazy AND scared of burning my head or an ear off). He also told me that my hair was really nice to cut ♥
I have to say though that I very rarely cut my own hair, so I would much prefer it to be easy to style - but it is a b*tch to style...

Anyhow, my hair feels so soft now. It is truly amazing. So I also let him talk me into buying a salon hair product. Which I never do. But today I thought this would be a good investment: £18 for the promise of super smooth hair every day - Redken Real Control Slim Supreme (slimming serum for dense/dry/sensitized hair)


No comments:

Post a Comment