Tuesday 30 October 2012

The miracle at Reading

League Cup games were on today. Just before half time, I checked the BBC website and Reading was leading 4:0 against Arsenal! Reading was only just promoted to the Premier League last season and this was an amazing result for them.

I was joking with mc, saying that Arsenal will probably manage to turn this around.
And slowly but surely, they did! They got their first goal before the half time whistle. And by the end of the second half, the result was 4:4. So the game went into extra time. And sure enough, Arsenal scored the 5th goal.

I was already wondering how much money I could have made, had I placed a bet when it was 4:0... When Reading equalized! And it looked as if it would go to penalties. When Arsenal finally managed the winning goal: Reading 5, Arsenal 6! And to round it all off, they also scored a 7th goal...

12 goals in a game - I would have loved to watch that. I feel sorry for Reading who seemed to have really put on a fight. But I do like Wenger, so well done, Gunners!

No comments:

Post a Comment