Saturday 20 July 2013

Home, sweet and terribly hot home...

7 days down, 7 more to go!

After a very long wait, I FINALLY got my two week leave. And as usual, it coincided with good weather in London. For some reason, I always seem to be leaving the country, when the sun comes out over here.

But I mustn't grumble, as the weather was just as good where I went: after a weekend in Nice I spent a week in Paris. So, I think I'm 'done' with France for a little while...

Paris - just as London - is pretty unbearable in the heat though. Unless, you somehow manage to stay in the shade at all times. I certainly would not recommend a visit in the summer! You live and learn...

Anyhow, lots of photos to go through and blog entries to write. But for now, I'd like to say that already after the first weekend, I felt so much more relaxed which just proved the point that I urgently needed a break. And it's been so nice to not think about work (I wisely left my blackberry in my desk drawer at work!) and also to enjoy the change of scenery. I would highly recommend a holiday to anyone! :-)

While, the temperatures in London have taken a dip this weekend - just in time for my return, of course - it's still rather hot in my tiny flat. But while I enjoyed being away, it was also nice to come back home again.

blue sky, the sea = holiday feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment