Saturday 27 July 2013

Les soldes - shopping in French

Just like everywhere, sales (=les soldes) were on in Paris. When I told some Parisians that I was planning to hit the shops, they were rather surprised as London clearly is the shopping paradise for them!

Anyhow, already on my second day, my sandals fell completely apart.... Yes, they had been a super cheap purchase from Hong Kong and were over 4 years old, but still rather unfortunate that it had to happen while I was out and about. Fortunately, I found a reasonably priced pair to replace them with.

Another coral coloured addition to my wardrobe
The essentials out of the way, it was then time for more fun and definitely non-essential shopping (I can't lie: my wardrobe is already bursting with dresses and skirts...). But all at bargain prices, I just couldn't resist!

the dress looks much nicer when worn; and that pink - need I say more?
not exactly a summery dress - but autumn will come sooner or later
(and in this country probably sooner...)
Yes, the dress needs ironing; not the kind of skirts I usually go for,
but I loved the print/colours... and price!

No comments:

Post a Comment