Wednesday 24 July 2013

Parlez-vous francais?

As part of my university studies, I spent about 10 months in France. At the end of that stay, I was relatively fluent in French. Unfortunately, in the 11 years since then, I never really got to use my French anymore. So, I was pleasantly surprised just how much I am still able to understand! And it was actually fun to listen to people speak French again. Speaking on the other hand, was much tougher. And since the French don't seem to have improved their foreign language skills in the last 11 years either, it was a little frustrating...

My cousin asked me whether I'd consider moving back to France. And I wouldn't. Not being able to properly communicate makes me feel really uncomfortable. I still sometimes get to my limits in the UK - so moving to a non-English and non-German speaking country is certainly not an option at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment