Saturday 20 July 2013

Wine-tasting for teetotals

Well, I am not actually teetotal. I very occasionally drink, but I don't drink wine. I would love to love wine because it seems like a nice thing to enjoy, but I just don't like the taste.

As part of the trip to Nice, we visited a vineyard though: Domaine de Toasc. Located on the East hillside of the Plaine du Var, they have 7 hectares of vine and 2 hectares of olive trees - and beautiful views of the city. In addition to the wine tasting, they also offer event space for seminars and receptions. Scattered around are also a number of art pieces, most of them wonderfully eccentric!

I did give the wine a try, but to be honest, it went from bad (the rose) to worse (the white) to terrible (the red)... Just for me, I'd like to add. This is in no way an assessment of the quality of the wine and some of my fellow travelers bought a number of bottles, so I'm sure it is very nice for those who like wine.


the rose bushes are like a warning system of fungal diseases, as they are likely to catch them before the grapes do

turning the lovely sweet grapes into wine...
yes, it is a rollerblading chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment