Tuesday 17 June 2014

Italian - food and fashion

Why am I so tired all the time? Surely I can't still be jetlagged?! And with long weekends two weeks in a row, I really have no excuse not to be energized and refreshed. Instead, I feel like crawling into bed the minute I get home...

Anyhow, on Sunday, I went for lunch at Scalini - an Italian restaurant in South Kensington. To be honest, I don't very often eat out at Italian restaurants. I think it's primarily, as I (wrongly?) feel that I can cook pasta myself, and can get a takeaway pizza. But this place had been on S's list of places to try for a while and I am always happy to discover new places. And can I just say that there are lots of nice cafes and restaurants in that area? Probably all with a Chelsea price tag... but nice in any case!


I had the spaghetti gratin with asparagus, mushrooms and shrimps. Delicious! And what looked like a rather small portion was certainly very filling. S's king prawns were very 'meaty' and equally tasty.

After lunch, we went to the V&A for the wedding dress exhibition and the exhibition on Italian fashion - where I absolutely fell in love with a dress designed by Emilio Schuberth! With S's membership card, we didn't have to pay for these exhibitions. And I think I would have been a bit disappointed if I had had to pay for them. Especially the one on Italian fashion isn't very big. Generally, the V&A (and entry to the museum itself is of course free) is always worth a visit. And do check out their cafe:

Scones with clotted cream, raspberry jam and a coke to wake me up....

No comments:

Post a Comment