Sunday 15 June 2014

Who needs (inter)facing?

I tried a different version of the top, after my first attempt didn't quite work out. I slightly deviated from the instructions: the collar should have been strengthened with interfacing. But as a) I didn't have enough in stock and b) on the first top, the collar ended up really bulky, I just ignored that bit. I did cut the back and front collar facings from the fabric - but couldn't work out what advantage it would have to sew it on. So, I didn't (again it had contributed to the bulkiness of the first top). Lastly, I was meant to use bias tape on the armholes. After my first (and only) attempt at using bias binding, I decided not to bother either.

Loosely handsewing the bit for the zipper, made opening it up so much easier, too! And I'm rather pleased with my second zipper. While I tried it on numerous time during the sewing process, I am still not entirely sure about the fit. I probably need to iron it properly first, too.

All in all, I am delighted though to have finished it in one weekend!
Photos to follow. Not even 21:00, and I am feel absolutely knackered and I think I have a cold coming in. Which is rather unfortunate... especially as a busy work week awaits me :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment