Friday 19 June 2015

I have been changed for good

...it well may be
that we will never meet again
in this lifetime
so let me say before we part
so much of me
is made of what I learned from you
you'll be with me
like a hand-print on my heart
and now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
by being my friend...


More than a year ago, I posted other parts of the lyrics of the For Good song from Wicked. And I have to admit that I cannot remember a) how I came across the song nor b) who I had in mind when writing it.

I used the theatre voucher I got for one of my work projects to finally go and see Wicked at the Apollo theatre in London (previously an Art deco cinema) yesterday. I did like a number of their songs, absolutely loved their costumes and overall enjoyed the show. But I have to say it didn't quite stand up to all the positive comments I had heard. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind either.

And yes, as you may imagine, a number of the songs made me cry. Standard really. And the above lyrics seem especially poignant, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment