Tuesday 30 June 2015

Part 2 of my 'home coming' weekend

Sunday morning, I lazed around in bed, got up, had my shower, read for a bit, just to have another nap... S then came to pick me up for my first flat viewing. Very peaceful, residential, rural area. Great flat, with the option for me to take over all the furniture for €2,000. Plus a massive room in the cellar for storage and a garage for my future car (whenever I finally work out what to get).
Then S and I sat in the sun, and chatted. And got sunburned... Had ice cream from the petrol station (it will be tough getting used to everything else being closed on a Sunday. I will to plan what I want to eat on Sundays now!!!).

I then went back to my place to read, decided to have a nap instead - when S messaged to invite me to have dinner with her and some friends at the Greek restaurant which turned out to be just round the corner from my new office. Greek restaurants are the only place where I ALWAYS order the same. Maybe it’s a childhood thing, but the Gyros is simply the best! Dinner came to €11 – I’ll be saving so much money on restaurants!!!

And that concluded my first weekend in Rosenheim. I do hope that by the time I start work, I’ll feel less tired. Given that the last couple of months have been crazy busy (in the best way possible), my body is just catching up on sleep, I suppose. Oh, and S also gave me her late grandmother’s bike (not sure her Mum was that happy, but her Grandpa gave his blessing and showed me how to use it – and yes, I know how to ride a bike, otherwise, this would probably be madness. Not sure whether he thought, I was going to teach myself...). And yes, I also cannot believe how lucky I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment