Saturday 13 June 2015

I've got to eat

I've never been on a diet. Not properly anyway. I lack the determination to follow it through and I like food too much, and am not keen on depriving myself of the little pleasures in the here and now. When I moved out for university, I remember thinking that one of the greatest advantages was to only ever eat what I fancied (there were pretty strict rules about eating whatever my mum cooked at home as well as pretty strict rules of stuff my mum would just not buy). I also remember a very brief period where I made myself eat cottage cheese and crispbread in order to lose weight. And no, it didn't work, nor did it last.

My brother has been telling me about his no carbs diet: meat and veg. Veg not even necessary. Not sure I like the sound of that, especially as I absolutely love bread and pasta. I am considering making a start by cutting down on sugar (once I finished the box of chocolates).

Half the stuff on the Grain Store menu means nothing to me, but the food always tastes delicious!
Changed from my usual Pad Thai to this pork dish at Banana Tree which was also really yummy!
Duck, pork belly, aubergine, carrot and apple cake at Ottolenghi

No comments:

Post a Comment