Sunday 5 June 2016

blood, sweat and tears

Not really. Not any of those but a lot of patience and undoing seams were involved in finally finishing this dress. Surprisingly really, as I've sewn it twice before already!!
Here and here

This time I used bias binding instead of neck facings or top stitching and I am relatively pleased with it. I then didn't manage to fit in the sleeves so included a slight gathering. I also managed to sew one sleeve in inside out and didn't sew the front pieces together correctly first time round. And we all know just how much I hate undoing seams...

But, it is finally done (I had abandoned the project weeks ago as I couldn't work out how to finish it):

Thanks to the bad lighting in my bedroom, I am including a photo on my dummy
(yes, I need to adapt the height of my dummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment