Friday 24 June 2016

here and now

I had nearly five months to prepare for the final day in this job. On the one hand, it seems as if the time just didn't want to go by. And on the other hand, now the day has 'suddenly' come, it hit me: I had chosen unemployment!

More annoyingly, everyone is asking me how I feel and what plans I have. Despite me telling everyone that I am not making plans right now. The reason these questions annoy me is of course, because my answer at the moment is: I don't know. And given how much I love planning, being in a state of knowing what will be and where I will be in even just 1 month time, is pretty daunting. At times anyway.

At other times, I feel this comforting ball of energy filling my body that gives me the unwavering message that everything will be ok. And I cannot even begin to describe just awesome that feels.

Exactly a year ago -  on 24th July 2015, I had my last day in my old job. On 27th July, I flew from London to Munich with a one way ticket. Never in a million years would I have predicted the events that unfolded.

And can I just say: F%ck, I have learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment