Sunday 12 June 2016

You know what you know

I attended an Access Bars course today. I had heard about this from an acquaintance, who was facilitating today's class. I've already received the bars from her once. It was a pleasant experience but I didn't feel any effects afterwards. Having read a little bit about it, I also have to admit that I am not sure how much I believe in it and can really relate to it.

Looking for things to do this weekend, I decided to sign up for the course anyway. And yes, this IS a sign for the lack of stuff going on around here...

Anyhow, I had been a bit worried about getting bored spending eight hours in this class. But time actually flew by. It was an interesting and a very intense experience. We were only four attendees and one of them clearly brought a huge bag of issues with her. I found it tough and draining having to listen to her very emotional outbursts. It made me want to cry myself even.

There were a few elements I found rather strange and others that were great food for thought. On my return home I googled a bit - and found some articles that claim that the whole Access Consciousness organization is a cult and that founder Gary Douglas an ex Scientologist. Also interesting reading...
At the end of the day, I feel it can be whatever you make of it. And overall, I found it a valuable experience for me for a number of reasons. One of them being that it felt more productive or simply 'better' than spending the day on my sofa :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment