Sunday 12 June 2016

WANTED: patience

I have zero patience. With anything. I hate waiting. I want everything here and now. I wonder whether my eagerness to plan things is also part of this issue: when I've planned something and put something in the diary, I at least know it will be happening, even if not immediately.

On the other hand, I admire people who have long term goals and work towards them. I give up before even having made the first step as my brain seems unable to look that far ahead. Maybe I am also overwhelmed by all the possibilities, so surely I cannot lock myself down now - who knows what I will want to do or even where I will be in even just six months time??!
And finally, it's all linked to the fact that I simply have no goal. Looking back this has somehow worked out for the best, I feel. Never did I think I'd end up where I am right now. It's been an exciting journey overall.

So, what am I exactly trying to say? No idea really.
But in certain situations, a bit of patience would probably help not to feel so squirrelly (apparently an American word).

No comments:

Post a Comment