Wednesday 5 October 2016

Such a gentleman

I've been doing ok during the last week in terms of fitness. No, I haven't been to the gym, but I've been doing my back exercises and/or met my target of at least 10,000 steps a day. Nonetheless, I woke up with back pain last night and already worried that I might have to miss my back class again. Fortunately, it was better by the morning and I could go.

I have to say that I am mildly embarrassed how exhausting I find the class... I have no idea how the senior citizens manage to keep up! As is usual with most classes, everyone has their fixed mat in the room, which means, I am next to the only man in the class. And he's such a gentleman. Today we were exercising with so called brasil handtrainers (no, I had never heard of or seen these either). We all went to the front of the room to pick up a pair from a box on the floor. And he picked one up for me. Bearing in mind that I am about half his age and I can (relatively) easily bend down. Maybe a small gesture, but a very sweet one, I thought. Yes, these things do brighten up my day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment