Sunday 1 February 2015

The other day, one of my colleagues asked whether sewing my own clothes saves me money.
Well, no. Not really.

I'd like to think that I've done less shopping over the last year, and I definitely go shopping less frequently, I'd say. But after months of abstinence, I usually make up for it in a day. Retail therapy does work for me!

Fortunately, the sales are still on. I got three dresses and two tops (same top, different colour...) for less than £35 at Bershka and five dresses for £55 over ebay from factory-outlet-clothing. The latter is based in China, but ships from the UK, which meant that my order arrived within a couple of days. Admittedly, the quality isn't fantastic - some of the inside seams remind me of my own sewing to be honest... But I think they look nice anyway (or maybe I just look cheap anyway...). They'd look better if I lost a few kgs, too, so let's hope that acts as a further motivation to actually do something about that.

And for that purpose, I also bought a swimsuit, as recent experience taught me that my bikini isn't made for swimming. There are a couple of pools near work which I am planning on trying (I wonder whether P has brainwashed me with all his talk about swim training).

ebay; I can't even get into the blue dress (top right)...
but too much hassle to send it back
I thought my new phone camera was better than my old one,
but somehow the photos all came out pretty crap
Bershka sale

No comments:

Post a Comment