Friday 17 July 2015

celebrating the little wins

To be honest, they feel like big wins to me!

As I can't think very rationally sometimes - especially when it comes to my personal life as opposed to being the highly professional at work, of course! - I decided that I urgently needed a kettle, a toaster and a pink radio. Which I ordered online. Hoping that one of my new neighbours would receive the parcel for me.

Well, unfortunately my neighbour wasn't in either. So, I received a note in my letterbox that I needed to collect the parcel at the post office within the next seven working days. Which is fair enough really but tricky without a car. I basically had a sleepless night over this. Wondering who to ask - with the choice of three people. One who I've never met... When suddenly I had a lightbulb moment: the post office is close to work. And by car only five minutes from my flat. So, I decided to ask one of my new colleagues.

Issue was of course that all the people who live in Rosenheim either walk or cycle to work. And those who live in Munich take public transport. And my boss who does drive (and lives in Rosenheim) is currently in Colombia. As fate (?!) has it, I was chatting to T from accounting the other day who mentioned that he lives outside of Rosenheim. So, I figured he must drive. As I am such a chicken, I didn't even dare to ask him in person, but sent a message through our online messaging system...

And the end of the story is of course, that he was kind enough to take me to the post office and home and back to work over his lunch break. Which thanks to a long queue at the post office still took 30 minutes.

I know I am only asking little favours but I am finding it really hard as I feel I cannot offer anything in return and it's different asking friends. Anyway, I was very grateful and am very happy to have a pink radio/CD player which will find its place in my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment