Sunday 27 December 2015

More foxes

I've been making an effort to tidy a bit in anticipation of my friends' visit. And while tidying, I came across my ticket for the play First Love is the Revolution, which I went to see in London during my visit in early November: according to the Soho Theatre 'a viciously funny new play about love, lust and foxes'.

Pretty accurate synopsis, I'd say. Nevertheless, it came as a little surprise to us all, when we realized that the (human) actors were indeed playing animals. As well as humans. It was bonkers and brilliant and indeed very funny. I especially loved the chickens :-)
In short: boy of a broken home falls in love with a fox and said girl fox falls in love with boy. Beautiful, right?

The next night, we went to see Green Day's musical American Idiot. I keep referring to them as Green Park, which gives you an indication of how big a fan I am. I did grow up with them though and thought it sounded like a cool thing. And it was. We had great seats (and thanks to Time Out, a bargain, too) and the music was played live and was pumping (not sure that's a cool thing to say...). Story was a bit thin. I really enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment