Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Tower of Babel

Our IT guy was setting up my laptop in my new office. He joined about a month ago and so far I haven't had much chance to chat to him. So, I was making an effort. To be pretty much greeted by non-responsiveness. Friendly silence, I'd say. But I guess some people are simply not interested in chatting.

Anyway, I suddenly remembered that he was looking for a new office chair (quite frankly, I can't work out why he didn't order himself one but was instead looking for one that was not being used. For weeks now...). So, in my new office there were two office chairs, so I offered him one of them. And he just gives me this weird look. So, I explain again - and suddenly realize that I was speaking English to him...
Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment