Tuesday 3 April 2012

Angelic

Don't you just hate the first day back in the office after the holidays? On this occasion, I only had ONE day (yesterday) off, and I was even checking my emails on my blackberry, and I still felt incredibly stressed out when I came to the office today. This probably explains why I keep carrying over an ever increasing number of leave days ...

Enough moaning though, as this is going to be a pleasant blog entry:
After a stressful day at the office, I relaxed at The Winchester in Islington, near Angel tube station. Do check it out when you are around! It's a quirky and very friendly place. Our waitress was quite possibly the most cheerful person I have ever met and her cheerfulness was infectious, too.

The Red Russian* also helped with cheering me up. They have quite an extensive list of unusual cocktails. Not cheap - but then nothing is in London. They also have a nice food menu, with a variety of starters, light bites, sharers and mains. I ordered some hot ciabatta with balsamic and oil (so simple, and so yummy!), onion rings and fried calamari. Yes, all for ME. Waitress thought this was the order (of starters) for our table of four... I often find it difficult to make decisions (interestingly, I find it a lot easier when it comes to my job), so I prefer to order a variety of little dishes, so I can try several things. Also glad that I provided some entertainment with that order.

After dinner, we then moved on to a pub across the road, that was showing tonight's Champions league games. I have to admit that even in international matches, I am finding it rather hard to muster any enthusiasm for Bayern Munich... But as I was in the company of at least one BM fan tonight, I guess I was happy enough that they beat Marseille and are through to the next round.

And now it's time for bed: Good night everyone!


*strawberry liqueur, Kahlua, strawberry puree, cranberry juice, vodka and cream float

No comments:

Post a Comment