Saturday 14 April 2012

Teapot party

With a bit of a delay (due to a lucky someone having been on a two week holiday to South Africa), we celebrated a colleague's birthday this week. Starting with very chocolaty-chocolate cake and sparkling wine in the office, we then headed off to the LadyBird Bar in Islington. According to their own website they "offer a delightfully extensive range of professionally made cocktails...". Which we sampled. And during happy hour they have a small selection of their extensive range on offer for just £5. And they tasted very nice indeed.

Some of their cocktails they offer in teapots. What exactly the deal is with that, I don't know and on this occasion we didn't find out either. Other than that I can't say much about the place as it was still empty when we left - it seems it gets busy in weekends.

We then moved on to a Mezze restaurant on Upper Street. I've been before, but I forgot its name again... Which is a shame, cause it's a really nice place, with lovely food - nice sharing platters - at very reasonable prices.

Last stop, was the Pub opposite the restaurant (again, can't remember the name...). Comfy sofas, nice atmosphere and a really nice chest of drawers. Well, even after eight years in the UK, I wouldn't go as far as painting the Union Jack on my furniture, but otherwise lovely!

And then it was time to call it a day (or night). A very good night (especially after a crap day in the office...*)



* Why is it that I let some people ruin my day??? Objective for next week: not letting her wind me up. It's a tough one...

No comments:

Post a Comment