Friday 13 April 2012

*Heavenly*

I treated myself to a massage the other day. I went back to the salon where I had my hair cut last month: Independent Mind Body Soul in Balham. 1h15 minutes of their elemental nature massage.

After getting changed into a bathrobe, I was relaxing in the waiting area on a chaise longue, soothing music in the background. I was then collected by my masseuse and the treatment started with a foot soak. I was asked about any particular wishes, problems etc and I mentioned that I get a bit of a back ache (my lower back) as well as tension in my shoulders, due to sitting in front of a PC all day. So, she suggested spending most time on my back and finishing with a face and head massage.

The pressure was just perfect: just the right balance between forceful and relaxing. I seemed to be quite knotty in my shoulder area, so that was bordering on the painful... But it really felt much better afterwards.
The face massage was unusual - I don't think I've ever had one; only as part of a facial. Unfortunately, the massage oil made my skin break out the next day. I'd probably give that a miss next time.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. As I had made the booking on the day of my haircut, I got a 10% discount on the treatment. In addition, the salon is celebrating its 7th anniversary and I got a little hair smoothing sample (as you know I ♥ freebies!) AND a £10 off voucher for any treatment between May and August. So, I of course booked my next treatment (this time a radiance facial) already. Something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment