Monday 2 April 2012

Road trip part 2

From the Pub we went on to Brook Barn Country House. I had found the place on laterooms.com, and it's simply amazing! We stayed in The Hayloft. And next time I will remember to take photos before throwing our stuff all over the place... Everyone was lovely and they went out of their way to make it a great stay. I had ordered some truffles when booking the room. Unfortunately, they had had a problem with their delivery - so SJ stayed up to make us some herself and insisted on not charging us for them. And they were delicious!

The free-standing bathtub was just one of the highlights. And I wish I had a super king-sized bed at home! Full English breakfast the next morning was great, too.
I can certainly recommend this to anyone who is in the area and I hope to be back at some point, if possible for a little longer than just one night!

And here are some impressions:

Entrance to The Hayloft
The massive bed and the massive TV in the background
I love the desk
... and the free-standing bath
View from The Hayloft window down on the brook and garden
And from the outside - and what a beautiful day it was, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment