Wednesday 4 April 2012

Road trip part 3

From Oxfordshire we headed further up north to Scouseland. We were still lucky with the weather and the sky was blue, but it was rather frosty.

The whole reason for the road trip was to see John Kirby's exhibition at the Walker Art Gallery. John is an artist from Liverpool, and one of his brothers happens to be my partner's friend.

We weren't allowed to take any photos in the gallery but we bought the catalogue. It was amazing! One of the paintings I already knew, as it usually hangs in his brother's living room. It was quite surreal to now see it hanging in a gallery.

I remember that it took me a little while to get used to his style, but now I really love it. My favourite painting was probably 'Man in a small boat', which unfortunately doesn't feature in the catalogue (which I am hoping to get signed!) - but you can find it through google.

The Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool
John Kirby's first exhibition in his hometown

No comments:

Post a Comment