Saturday 21 April 2012

a little bit of self-reflection

I feel stressed quite easily. I think I am still able to operate well (in a professional environment at least), but I realize that my increased stress-level have a hugely negative impact on my well-being. I guess the positive aspect is, that it motivates me to perform well. But I should be able to do so without getting anxious, having an increased heart-beat etc.

So, I was just thinking: is this linked to a subconscious feeling of always being responsible to sort things out? I have noticed at work that I sometimes quite literally have to bite my tongue and that I have the tendency to get involved in things that are not my responsibility. Probably all part of being a bit of a control-freak, too. Which again makes unpredictable situations stressful, as they are outside my control. Also going hand in hand with the fear of failure.

Especially with regard to the upcoming meeting, that I am running, I will try to remember this:
  1. Whatever happens, it is very (very) unlikely to be the end of the world.
  2. Some things are outside people's control. I will try to find solutions, but if there aren't any - so be it.
  3. It's human to make mistakes. Should I have forgotten something in the preparations, I will try not to beat myself up over it.
And most of all: I will enjoy this meeting that I've worked hard for!

No comments:

Post a Comment