Thursday 26 April 2012

The unthinkable

Semi-final Champions League 2012
Chelsea miraculously kicked Barcelona out of the competition. Will they face their past manager Mourinho in the final? It seemed like a given.

But then Bayern Munich beat Real Madrid 2:1 at home. And yesterday, the Bavarians travelled to Spain. Not for a second did I believe they could win this. And even less so after Real scored two goals within the first half. By the end of the 90 minutes, the aggregate score is 3:3. Extra time makes no difference, so it goes to penalties.

Now, I don't like Bayern Munich. Never have done. Not entirely sure why. Maybe because they seemed to always win the Bundesliga. Maybe because I have difficulties understanding the Bavarian accent. Maybe because most people seem to have a strong dislike for them (unless they support them).

But I found myself cheering and screaming at the telly, when Neuer managed to catch the first two penalties. And even more loudly, when they won the match. It probably helps that a few players of the National team play for Bayern. And I am German after all...

Bayern Munich vs Chelsea in Munich. I shall be watching that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment