Tuesday 15 January 2013

Anna and Vanya

Following my sister's recommendation, I went to see Uncle Vanya at the Vaudeville Theatre tonight. I got a discounted ticket from the Theatrepeople website - so only paid £19. Admittedly the seat was in the Upper Circle with very limited leg space but good enough views of the stage.

I admittedly knew nothing about the story before I went. And I am afraid I didn't like it. It was all very miserable and I found it rather boring. The couple sitting next to me actually left during the interval. The play is of course meant to convey the dreariness of the life of some of the main characters but I just found it very depressing.

I liked all the actors - including Anna Friel as Yelena - but just not the story, I guess. Nevertheless it made a nice change to watching the telly ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment