Thursday 3 January 2013

Made in Erlensee

My parents' house is near a huge field. Slowly, but surely, buildings have appeared in the vicinity. In 2009 Honda opened an 'academy', a motorway service station followed at the end of 2011 (off the A45) and apparently more building work is planned for that area. Given that my parents have lived there for more than 25 years, I guess it's surprising that this hasn't happened sooner.

One of the more pleasant new additions, is the beekeeper Ullmann. According to their website, the Ullmann's look back at a family tradition of more than 90 years. Not sure where in Erlensee they were (or still are) previously based but they now have their home, a little shop and their premises in the middle of that field.

According to an article, Germans love their honey and eat 1.4kg per year on average. That sounds like a lot to me! I don't even finish a glass of honey a year...




my favourite photo

No comments:

Post a Comment