Friday 19 December 2014

it keeps getting better

It's the fourth time that I ran our annual event - and every year, the feedback has been: this has been an even better event! Which is of course great feedback to get.

Everyone especially loved the dinner, which I had moved to a different venue. The place and food was amazing and the atmosphere really informal - helped along by the fun Christmas crackers and their content.

Once the meeting had started, I felt really calm, very much in contrast to the last couple of weeks... And of course there were incidences happening throughout the meeting, but nothing that wasn't manageable.

The abstract review process was probably the one thing I had worried most about. And while a bit tricky to manage, I was very pleased that all the reviewers showed up. And for some strange reason most of them LIKE reviewing... I don't have to understand everything...

After a busy last day for 2014 in the office today, I was determined to switch off from work completely but I don't seem to be able to stay away from my work iphone. Too used to be on the job all of the time... Well, I am sure I'll get used to having a life again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment