Saturday 31 January 2015

2 out of 6

As a 'homework' my yoga teacher suggested that we do the warm up sequence at home every day. It literally takes about 5 minutes. Every week during class, we are adding 5 repetitions (we started with 10). So, without practicing at home, that might get quite tough over the 6 weeks course.

Anyway, that sounds all straightforward, doesn't it? Nevertheless I only managed to do it twice in the last week. How does my brain manage to find excuses NOT to make time for it or to conveniently forget to do it?

The other day I saw a post from the hypnotherapist (who I went to see a couple of years ago) about how to increase willpower. Very easy: have a cold shower every day for a month. Sounds easy enough, but no way could I ever do that. Or rather I really don't want to! Especially in winter. So I will need to look for other ways to work on my willpower...

One of the things that usually helps me, is to tell people about what I am trying to achieve. Seems that I care more about other people judging me than I do about my own good. But hey, whatever works, right?

With regard to my yoga exercise: I have high hopes for this week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment