Monday 6 April 2015

Afternoon nap

One of my weekend treats (when I happen to be at home) is having an afternoon nap. Usually around 16:00, I suddenly get really tired. And I always wake up after about an hour. I always wonder how I manage to get through my working day 5 days a week without sleeping!

Anyway, on Saturday, I had a very vivid dream during my afternoon nap: I was dreaming about work, being an event. Whenever I dream about work, I generally dream that I am not fully prepared, delegates start arriving and nothing is set up. And it was the same scenario. Added detail: I was wearing braces. The horrible type, with the metal thing on the outside that goes around your head (which I did have to wear as a teenager - only ever wore my braces at night). And I couldn't get it off. Which is when I woke up.

I googled braces and dream interpretation and found these two links:
Dream bible: and they link braces with perfection, and maybe a situation were perfection/total compliance is expected of me
Dream dictionary: it either signifies being a patient person, something about corrective measures taking time and/or an issue with self-esteem

Hm, not sure I can strongly identify with any of these suggestions.
Interestingly, I got an email from somebody involved with an upcoming event, who (in his own words) is getting paranoid about the event and wanting to ensure that everything will go perfectly. Well, I told him that you cannot possibly plan for all eventualities and things will undoubtedly NOT go according to plan. That's life, right?
I'm guessing that wasn't really the reassurance he was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment